The European Clean Trucking Alliance welcomes the AFIR proposal and calls on co-legislators from the European Council and European Parliament to increase its ambition in line with expected market deployment of zero emission trucks.
Electric truck charging:
- TEN-T core network: a charging pool with at least 5,000 kW of charging power every 60 km by 2025, 6,500 kW by 2030 (from 1,400 kW and 3,500 kW);
- TEN-T comprehensive network: a charging pool with at least 3,000 kW of charging power every 100 km by 2030, 5,000 kW by 2035 (from 1,400 kW and 3,500 kW);
- TEN-T urban nodes: 1,200 kW power output for each node in 2025 and 3,500 kW in 2030 (from 600 kW and 1,200 kW);
- Safe and secure parking areas: at least two charging points with at least 100 kW as early as 2025 and at least five charging points by 2030
- Logistic hubs and freight terminals: include targets (semi-)public DC opportunity charger at each of the logistic hubs and freight terminals by 2025;
- National fleet-based targets for charging deployment in line with national registrations and activity.
Hydrogen refuelling stations:
- Coverage of the TEN-T Core network by 2027 and of the TEN-T Comprehensive network by 2030 (150 km distance requirement between stations);
- One stations per urban node by 2030.